Be a GLOSS Girl
The journey to becoming a Sister of GLOSS is challenging and exciting! New GLOSS members will transform just as butterfly does during their membership initiation.
Who Should Join the GLOSS Sisterhood?
- Ladies ages 5 to 25 on application date
- Ladies who desire to have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ladies who are willing to live by Biblical truths
- Female students who are striving for academic excellence
How Do I Join the GLOSS Sisterhood?
Identify your local chapter and contact us to express your interest in joining the sisterhood.
Complete and submit GLOSS membership application.
Pay new member fee ($100). Cash, credit cards and checks (payable to GLOSS) accepted.
Participate in new member/parent orientation with a GLOSS representative
Be a GLOSS Volunteer
Who Should Join the GLOSS Volunteer Team?
- Women who are passionate about mentoring young ladies
- Women who are energetic and creative
- Women who value service
- Women who are willing to be led by the Holy Spirit
How Do I Join the Volunteer Team?
- Identify your local chapter and contact us to express your interest in becoming a volunteer.
- Complete and submit a GLOSS volunteer application.
- Interview with a GLOSS representative.
- Some volunteer positions will require a background check.
Phase Coach – Mentor members in your phase group in their spiritual and personal development through facilitating Butterfly Café, weekly voice-to-voice communication and planning simple quarterly fellowships.
Service Project Coordinator – Schedule monthly service projects, chaperone and document GLOSS member participation and service hours.
Membership Volunteer - Promotes GLOSS to prospective members, manage the GLOSS membership roster; updating when necessary and keep up with GLOSS member birthdays and life hallmarks.
Volunteer Coordinator – Manage volunteer recruiting efforts, process volunteer applications, maintain volunteer database, schedule and perform general volunteer trainings.
Special Events Volunteer – Plan and coordinate signature GLOSS events.
Newsletter Volunteer – Draft and send out newsletters. Manage mailing list database.
Marketing Volunteer – Self-starter willing to assist marketing and communications efforts.
Public Relations Volunteer – Connect the broader community to the mission and vision of GLOSS through public speaking, web development, fundraising, advertising, and/or recruiting.
Scholarship Opportunity Seeker (for GLOSS Members) – Research and compile scholarship opportunities for the GLOSS members to apply for quarterly.
Grant Seeker – Research and compile grant/donation opportunities for GLOSS to apply for quarterly.
Grant Writer – Work with volunteer Grant Seekers and the Executive Director to complete grant/donation applications.
Prayer Intercessor - Petition the prayer requests of GLOSS members and staff to God.
Be a Sponsor
- Sponsor a new member into GLOSS ($100 value)
- Sponsor monthly Butterfly Café snacks ($100 value per chapter)
- Individual financial contributions
- In-kind sponsorships